Sunday, January 9, 2011

Recap of my surgery of SS's XPS M1330

I discovered the wonders of picasa and how easy it was to transfer photos into the cloud and use them in my blog. Thus I decided to do a quick recap of the surgery, this time with photos.



This is before I started my surgery. Notice the small dent on the palmrest. Lady user huh ?



The keyboard, which I originally intended to replace it onto my XPS.


The wireless communications card bay, it is empty because I had stolen the WLAN card to put into my HP Mini which you'll see later. Those communication cables are connected to the display panel.




Voila, the display panel, 13.3 inch Dell display. Wished it was LED backlit which I could gladly steal. LED backlit displays are said to be brighter and more energy saving. This would do me good as my battery was already dying. Could only last 1 hour on power saver mode.


Further took out the heat sink assembly. Notice that SS's unit doesnt use the infamous nVidia 8400M GS as the heat sink assembly doesnt have the pad for the gpu. It uses the integrated video card. Still , didnt understand why her motherboard failed.



Closer look @ her processor. Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 2.0Ghz 667Mhz FSB. Wonder if its clear enough to be seen here.




Overall view of the essentials , the CPU and the RAM on the motherboard. I stole her 2GB RAM and replaced it with my 1GB RAM. Why i keep it there ? Because I lack space for keeping RAMs so just put it at where a RAM should belong.




Midway into my surgery, where everything was there. Dont mind the iPhone, left it there accidentally.
Items there were the display panel , the main unit ( motherboard , optical drive , etc ) , the keyboard , the touch panel and the heat sink assembly.



One final step was slotting this clip back in. Operation successful. Again, a big thanks to SS.


No comments:

Post a Comment