Sunday, January 9, 2011

Implants for my HP Mini and XPS M1330

Took the Dell Wireless Draft-N card from SS's XPS and used it in my HP Mini, in turn, lost bluetooth function for the HP Mini.. You'll see why..



This is the internal of my HP Mini. On the top you'll see the Dell Wireless Draft-N card from SS's XPS. Notice to the left of it theres a small bay. Thats where the HP Mini's original communication card bay. It is a combination of WLAN and bluetooth. At that size. Wow.



There it is, a closer shot. That module, removed and replaced with Dell's card. Originally I wanted to have both of them, but due to the lack of cables..... Unlike the XPS which have cables for both WLAN and WWAN cards even if there isnt one there. I have no idea why they intend to put a bay there but not the appropriate cables.


Earlier there was a post also mentioning the swapping of hard drive. I took the HP Mini's 7200rpm hard drive and implanted it in my XPS and replaced the HP Mini's hard drive with my XPS's lame 5400rpm hard drive. This is it.


This is how it looks like without the bay. Basically just a holder / dock thingy for the hard drive to stay still in the bay.


 

Front and reverse side of the bay. As I said , just a handle with the sticker label on top and some soft rubber cushion for it to sit nicely in the bay.






Finally, ending this post, photos of my absolutely stunning white XPS M1330.






No comments:

Post a Comment