Sunday, January 9, 2011

My first day of professional employment

Should be exciting.. Hmm..

As I recall 2 weeks ago..
My first day was not so exciting and happening. My buddy was to receive me in the morning when I arrive at the lobby. I called him several times. All of which couldnt get through. Only then I knew he was in the lab where reception was dead poor.

He had arranged for my pass for the lab. It was ultra tight security. I call it the airport. Anybody and anything exiting the lab has to go through an xray scanner like those at the airport and a metal detector for personnel. Such tight security. It was justifiable. Considering what they are doing inside the lab which Im not allowed to disclose here. Still it was troublesome. If the metal detector goes off for any reason at all you're subjected to a full body scan via a handheld device and if it sounds then you'd have to find out what makes it sound.

Well.. Next to my office or work location. Just a simple desk. Nothing at all. I was shown around and brought to go through the badging process. This pretty much makes me busy till lunch time. I followed them out for a simple lunch which I was getting acquainted to the engineers there. 

The last event of the day was me getting my pc. No laptop.. Boo. Just a HP desktop and 19inch monitor. Squarish one somemore. Well. I guess when my job functions increase I should get a laptop then.

No comments:

Post a Comment