Sunday, January 16, 2011

iDigi plans customer review

I have encountered many friends asking me how does the plan works. I wonder they didnt ask @ Digi Counters or they are not explaining enough and detailed. I will try to clear these doubts here.


I signed up this iDigi 88 plan in conjunction with the iPhone 4 launch in Malaysia. This is the plan overview laid out by Digi. You can find it at


 digi iPhone plan


So , a quick screen capture, 




This is what they are offering and I'm going to comment on the one I'm using, which is iDigi 88.


Previously, they are offering this package @ RM88 per month, but now due to the promotion, will have a RM25 discount to RM63 per month. With auto billing, you are entitled to another RM5 discount to your monthly payment which gives us RM58 per month, as advertised.


With RM58 per month, you are entitled to 200 minutes of free calls , 200 SMS , 20 MMS and 1GB of data usage per month.


Thats it. It's that simple. What makes this package outshines the others are that area where i circled with red ink. iGet no bill shock after exceeding monthly quota, which is the FREE 1GB data. This is where many other iphone / smartphone plans fail. They charge hefty fees after exceeding the quota. Instead, for Digi, they only throttle your speed after exceeding the quota. Personally , I feel its still within acceptable speeds, meaning pages dont take forever to load. 


In my first month of usage, I used 16GB data !! 8GB up and 8GB down. For what I do not remember. But who cares because they doesnt charge extra for exceeding quota. No bill shock !







No comments:

Post a Comment