Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ex-Phones

Going back through time as long as the gadgets are with me, I have owned few classical and special phones that are the top phones at the prime of their time.

Namely the Nokia 8850 , Sony Ericsson T630 and the Sony Ericsson k770i


These are the phones that I mentioned. Going through them one by one.



 The Nokia 8850. Overall view of it. I bought it back at December 2005 from a second hand phone dealer @ Prangin Mall at a price of RM200. 

Despite its rather scratched housing I think its quite a good deal. Its a good phone that does all the thing a phone should do. And with the sliding casing it just adds to the cool factor. 

There are several issues with the mic, with the slider closed the mic is able to function but when the slider is opened the mic went deaf, went for repair several times and they were unable to fix it. Total usage duration December 2005 to mid 2007.



Sony Ericsson T630. Bought it back at 2006 I think, also from a second hand phone dealer at a rather cheap price. This phone gives me my first exposure to bluetooth. Able to send media via bluetooth and also pairing with a bluetooth headset. Takes rather good photos too with its Sony camera.

Cool factor from the mirror at the back and also able to take photos by pressing the button on the side. Eventually it failed to start up even via cable charging. Abandoned it soon. 





Sony Ericsson k770i. The phone that I have used for the longest of time i think. Bought it from AP dealer at RM600 that comes with a 2GB memory card. It has the best camera among phones in its class. The rear camera slider is so cool.


With 3.2MP with autofocus, and marketed under Sony CyberShot, the photos were amazingly sharp. I'm able to take photos of the board in my lecture theater and after zooming in on my PC everything was so crystal clear.

Eventually the keypad goes berserk, becoming unresponsive and hard-to-press. Texting on the phone was a pain in the ass. Thumbs would become pain and grow numb. I just had to live with it for a few months before getting my iPhone 4.




No comments:

Post a Comment