Thursday, April 21, 2011

Kaspersky is More Annoying than a Real Virus

Here i share my experience with Kaspersky Internet Security 2010/2011.
Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 3-User

I bought this with 2 other friends in early 2010 and began using it. I would say it works quite well. Nothing much to comment and review. What Im about to share is what happens after the license expires.


Here it is that shows my license has expired when I launch the application. What annoys is the picture below.




This message prompt pops up in steady intervals constantly reminding you the license has expired. I havent exactly timed the intervals but I believe its between 10 minutes. Its almost behaves like adware / malware itself by popping up again and again.

My take is if you dont plan to renew the license, better delete it off and use other free anti virus / internet security suites rather than this annoying pop up. Having said that, Kaspersky continues to function even after license expired. Only that it wont update itself in accordance to new threats.




3 comments:

  1. I'm with you.. these reminders are annoying as hell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just uninstalled the product rather than renew the licence for exactly this reason! After a week of 50 times a day 'licence expired' prompts I could take it no more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. exactly ! btw what is the current top brand for consumer internet security ?

    ReplyDelete