Monday, March 14, 2011

Accident

I had a very bad week.


First , on Monday , I banged someone else's car. It was just a minor "kiss" I would say. Its a bad luck that his car was a Proton. I never believed how "milo tin" our national cars are until today. Mine was also a Proton Wira , 1.5 AT, famous for low power , low pickup and no speed. My leg wasnt on the pedal, just the D gear and such a glide-kiss would dent his bumper. 


We both stopped at the roadside. Okay he looked like a nice guy, we went down to check his cars. Actually, we both didnt know what to do and being at rush hour around 6oc I decided to exchange phones and we can discuss later while we go back, rather than causing the massive jam. So halfway back, I called him and planned to ask him to come over to the workshop where i repair my car dents after i arranged an appointment. He said okay. 


The next day , i forgot about it. And he called saying why not he take to his workshop and check with me the price if its okay then he'll proceed to repair. I said okay too since its inconvenient for him to travel up to my place.


The next day he called back and informed me that the quotation he got is a whopping 380 while i expected to be around 100 because thats why i paid to knock my bumper back in shape. During lunch time i went over to find him @ Agilent to see whats costing so much ? 


So it was like this
His bumper internal frame was bent requiring repairs
The knocking of the dent
The spraying of the entire bumper


While cross checking with the price that I got from my workshop it was 70~80 for knocking the dent and 180 for spraying which totals up to 250.


I thought for a while. Well okay since i was the one at fault so I just agreed to fixing all that but asked him to negotiate for a lower price. He managed to get 350 while i was trying to have 340. He said he'll pay the RM10 himself. How nice ? 


On that day to pass him the money, he collected 250 only. He said he didnt want to replace the internal bumper frame and understands my situation as a fresh grad.


Well I paid less, but that left me thinking was he such a good person ? Or he had bad motives in the first place. Hmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment