Friday, November 19, 2010

Convocation

Finally the day has come, after 2 years and almost 40k spent, it was my convocation day @ INTI Nilai !


We headed down to nilai on 10th Nov because we didnt want to rush down the next morning. Maybe it will cause us to look tired after travelling early in the morning. I finished packing at around 2pm but mum and sis are still not back yet. Later I received their calls saying their on their way with a bouquet of flowers ! I thought I told them its okay to not buy but still they bought it. Also I was waiting for lenren's flower to arrive here. He wanted me to bring it down to Nilai for Q* without her knowing it.


So we departed from Penang at around 4pm after all the dilly dally. Initially I was to drive them all the way down to Nilai. But actually dad drove till Juru only then I took over. From there start, I wasnt able to continue smsing simply because the smsing on the iphone @ 130km/h on Malaysian highways proved too risky for me to take. To quote a friend , type correctly too dangerous , type safely too many typo. Damm.


So I drove from Juru until Ipoh where dad wanted to have dinner there. It was only 6 something. Nevertheless, we switched back and he turned on the gps and brought us to Lou Wong nga choi kai. It took us several attempts to reach there. After eating it was time to continue our journey. Piggy called and wanted a salted chicken so we diverted and bought 1 for her.


The gps couldnt route to the hotel but only till INTI Nilai simply because there was no address for the hotel. I used my phone's 3g to go to google maps and find out the address for the hotel and inputted that address into the gps then only we're able to find it. Activities for the night includes taking photos of the lobby with other coursemates who happen to stay there too. Nothing interesting until the next morning.


We dressed up early and left for INTI Nilai. It was a big campus. Very big compared to our own penang inti. We had some difficult times locating the registration center and the venue for the convocation. Eventually, before the sun turns from hot to soaring hot, we're already ready in the assembly hall for photos and briefing before being allowed to the main convocation hall.


My first time on stage collecting a piece of certificate that worths around 40k ish. Nice.


After many speeches and degree awards, the convo ended at around 1130. What follows next is endless photoshooting. Luckily we managed to extend the check out time for the hotel till 1pm. After finishing the lousy lunch @ nilai we then rushed back to change for our attire to our next destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment